Beebe Medical Center Fact Sheet
The Beebe Medical Staff consists of over 300 providers. Beebe's primary service area is experiencing record population growth, bringing increased demand for advanced, quality, and convenient healthcare services. Beebe is in the process of a continuing expansion program to meet the growing healthcare needs of the community.
Beebe Medical Center Highlights
- Licensed for 210 beds
- More than 340 providers
- More than 1,900 staff members
- 120,000 year-round population and growing; nearly 500,000 in the summer
- 50,000+ Emergency visits yearly
- Strong service lines: Cardiovascular Services, including Cardiac surgery and Interventional Cardiology; Orthopaedic Services; OB/GYN and Women's Health; Oncology; and Gastroenterology/Bariatrics
- Facilities include: free-standing surgery center; cancer center with medical, surgical, and radiation oncology; 256-slide CT scanner; 3.0T MRI; PET scan, imaging and lab centers; two outpatient health campuses with third planned; school of nursing
- Strong population health program
Awards and Recognition
- 2010-2013 HealthGrades® Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ - ranked in top 5% of all hospitals in the nation for overall patient outcome.
Additional Healthgrades Recognitions
America's Best 100 Hosptials
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention™ for 2 years in a row (2012-2013)
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery™ for 2 years in a row (2012-2013)
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement™ for 2 years in a row (2012-2013)
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery™ for 2 years in a row (2012-2013)
- Certified by the Joint Commission as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center, and designated by The American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery as Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence.
Designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology and named a Center of Excellence in Women’s Health by the American Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery.
- Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons granted Tunnell Cancer Center a Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation, a coveted designation.
- Highest quality rating for Cardiac Surgery program from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons and produces among the best patient outcomes in Delaware
Beebe as a Hub of Its Service Area Community
Southern Delaware is a collection of small- and medium-sized communities with no single dominant municipality. Beebe Medical Center has become the central cohesive institution in the county, serving as the "glue" that bonds its service community into a single whole. Beebe's fundraising events are the social highlights of the year. Its free community magazine, the Beacon, wins national awards annually and has high readership rates. Beebe offers a vibrant community outreach program and takes pride in reducing health disparities. It has numerous satellite facilities, serves as a key source of citizen health information, and provides diagnostic health services to residents and visitors regardless of ability to pay.
Where Physicians Make a Difference
Beebe Medical Center plays an important role as a regional nucleus helping to guide the health and well-being of the people of southern Delaware. The Beebe service area, including its large retirement-age population, is health conscious. It is a community that cares very much about healthcare. It is a place where physicians are highly valued—where doctors make a difference.
Physician-Friendly Administration and Team Members
The Senior Leadership Team meets regularly with hospital physicians and their representatives to receive input and guidance for all aspects of hospital planning and development. Physicians are recognized as the core of Beebe's success story.