Beebe Medical Center Equips Local Lifeguard Stations with 1,000 First Aid Kits
Beebe Medical Center distributed 1,000 first aid kits to lifeguard stations from Rehoboth Beach to Fenwick Island recently to ready lifeguards for nicks and cuts of the 2004 summer season. Beebe has provided the kits for over eight years to assist lifeguards in providing first aid to beachgoers and to provide the public with kits as needed.
“We really appreciate the support Beebe Medical Center has provided through the years with the first aid kits. The effort goes a long way on the beaches,” explained Kent Buckson, Captain of the Rehoboth Beach Patrol.
Beebe Medical Center reminds the community to play it safe this summer with the following tips:
· Wear sunscreen and reapply it often, especially after swimming and exercising
· Drink plenty of water throughout the day
· Limit exposure to the sun from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., the hottest periods of the day
· Use protective gear when cycling, skating, etc.
· Wear life preservers when boating
· Wear shoes to protect feet, especially on the boardwalk